Thursday, November 30, 2006
Yet More Top 100 Ironic Reasons To Be Catholic: #60-51
60. St. Jerome is the patron saint against anger. Hope for us all.
59. We have pilgrimage sites in scenic locales.
58. G.K. Chesterton: "An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered; an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered."
57. No televangelists (yet).
56. There is something about Mary, and it ain't a sophomoric movie.
55. You could legitimately attend the world's smallest functioning Catholic Church in Warrenton, TX. (picture right)
54. We know what cherubim and seraphim mean.
52. Multiple names: a) In some circles, you went by two names anyway ("Hi, Mary Margaret!"). b) You get to rename yourself at Confirmation ("Hi, Mary Margaret Lucy!") c) And if you join a religious order, you may receive yet another name ("Hi, Sr. Agatha formerly Mary Margaret Lucy!)
51. Our liturgical musicians don't call the Church "the studio audience."