Ray from Stella Borealis tagged me with this quite a while ago (sorry, Ray!). My mildly ironic answers follow.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? After putting together some toy with 300+ pieces and instructions in broken English, red wine. A bottle.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh, he wraps, because he follows the Biblical mandate. See my next post.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Sic likes colored lights. I like white. Because it is advent, we actually have blue lights on a Jesse tree right now. (Yes, we're adventistas.)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? (Sighing delightedly) When you have a love like mine, you don't need mistletoe. I just need to throw off this dang miserable cold.
5. When do you put your decorations up? It depends. We're decorating the tree on Christmas Eve this year, but usually we decorate for Christmas earlier than that. A few years ago we couldn't afford a tree, so we got a free one on the 26th. I think all the needles dropped by the 27th.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Mashed potatoes.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Hearing on TV that Santa was seen flying over Central America and it was time for kids to get to bed NOW. I lived in Panama at the time.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? 2nd grade classroom. I think that teacher must have had tenure.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Spray paint, spackling, and silly string.
No, ornaments from years past, how else?
11. Snow? Love it or Dread it? Mostly dread it, because I hate driving in it and shoveling it. Yes, I live in Minnesota.
12. Can you ice skate? Alas, no.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Let's see...a doll whose hair grew out when you pulled a string in the back. It was a lot more exciting to me than that sounds.
14. What's the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating the Incarnation though Church, teaching the kids, etc. Watching my kids enjoy the festivities is second.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hmmm. French Silk Pie. I also make an orange-pecan pound cake that can transport one to higher levels of culinary reality, while it clogs your arteries.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I guess the tree. We like singing Christmas carols while I play a guitar.
17. What tops your tree? The year's handmade angel or star, thanks to the kiddies.
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Depends on the gift, doesn't it?
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Hark the Herald Angels Sing.
20. Candy Canes? Bleah. Red and white shrink wrapped sticks of death.
I tag... anyone who wants to play along on this one.