Really. Not just possible (which any Christian should grant), but likely, for some reason, in 2007.
2. Based on what, exactly? The book of Revelation? Current American politics? The cultural swing toward relativism? Brangelina? The Twins' elimination in the playoffs?
3. Perchance, was this poll conducted outside of Brother Billy Bob's House of the Impending Apocalypse and BBQ Shack?
4. Glad I forewent that chocolate during advent. I knew something was up.
5. But it isn't even a distinctively-numbered year, like 2000! Is it the 7? What? Where's the numerology going here?
6. Is God going to make this happen if I blog about it? Like "Hey, I was planning for 3078, but since that snippy young miss challenged the likelihood of it on her blog, let's bring it on!"
7. It's all related to that Christmas Straw Goat in Sweden, isn't it?
8. Have folks been drinking and reading Nostradamus again?
9. You know, apocalypticism does explain a lot of what's on American TV these days (as in, "what the heck, this world's shot").
10. Do I have time to get my hairshirt repatched?
Well, I have been inspired (seriously) by various blog posts suggesting that a good New Year Resolution would be to consider this year your last. Very good spiritual idea.
But I'm waiting to see why one fourth of the American population thinks this year is the likely last year of the earth.