40. Dark Lenten purple really jazzes up the winter landscape.
39. Now that football season is over, you need a new project. Try repentance.
38. As a gesture of hospitality to the musically-challenged, liturgical music is often cut during Lent. That which remains is always in the playable key of E minor.
37. Saying "alleluia" all the time was getting kind of tired, anyway.
36. Lent is a more reliable measurement between winter and spring than that Puxatawney Phil.
35. My sin. Icestorms. My sin. Icestorms. There must be a connection.
34. Every pagan in town thinks you look kind of interesting and goth with the ashes.
33. There is the inherent dramatic tension created every time you agree to fast from (fill in the blank). Can she do it? Can she do it? CAN SHE DO IT?
32. You really can't recite Psalm 51 enough.*
31. Lent: because you love tuna casserole.
*actually, that one isn't particularly ironic.