Eight things about me that you really don't need to know:
- played tennis as ninth seed out of nine in high school,
- once was a theatre major,
- like chamomile tea,
- bore a striking resemblance to Shirley Temple as a child,
- live in a town of 25,000 (at peak),
- don't watch TV,
- need bifocals.
1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
That people would get a laugh, an insight, a squirm, and a dash of humility. That would be the perfect post. Otherwise, see profile at left.
2. Are you a spiritual person?
Well, I try to be, with God's grace.
Let me put it this way...sic and I are involved in a group called Teams of Our Lady (a marriage as vocation support group), and when I first mentioned the extent of my prayer life, they were delighted because it brought up the Team's average. I pray a lot. I need to.
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Food, a two-way radio, and the Bible.
4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
We moved to the Panama Canal Zone from New Jersey when I was seven. That was a big, exciting adventure. I remember being in the car with my parents, driving from NJ to New Orleans, and hearing for the umpteenth time about Watergate. I finally asked "What's Watergate?" Looooong pause. "It's a hotel, honey."
5. Are these your first (tagging) memes?
6. Eight random facts about me
- I am forty years old today, May 26, 2007. So unlike Paul at Catholic humor blog Alive and Young, I'm just...alive. Now there's a minimalist blog name.
- I can passably play the mandolin.
- I have played liturgical music with one of the St. Louis Jesuits.
- I look vaguely Italian, because my mom is.
- I have Meniere's Disease.
- I'm probably studying to become a spiritual director next year.
- I love Kierkegaard.
- I'm completely addicted to Diet Coke.
I tag anyone who wants to play. Let me know about it and I'll give you the link.