SherryTex of Chocolate for your Brain! (another great Catholic humor blog at Humor-Blogs.com) has a great column on responses to give to people who ask "you have HOW MANY?" regarding her large family (she's a mom of eight). Here's a few responses:
- We never have leftovers.
- Q: Don't you know how this works? A: Well yeah!
- With such good looking intelligent offspring, it seemed selfish to limit ourselves.
- We enjoy causing pure terror on the faces of travelers in the terminals simply by walking up to the gate en masse. Sometimes, it isn't even our gate.
- We don't have to share a pew...ever.
- No fights over names of children, we got all our favorites in there.
- Statistically, one of these guys should strike it rich.
- Fifth one at Catholic School is free. Right?
- Never have to worry about being corrupted by too much wealth or material things.
- Said we'd accept children lovingly from God. God took us seriously.
...and her real answer? Go see the post for that and the rest of the 50 (!) reasons.