A number of blogs (just another day of catholic pondering, the mommy memoir, Nunblog, We Belong to the Lord) named me as an E for Excellent Blog. How sweet and cool is that. I thank you and return the link love! But I just can't choose 10 blogs to pass this along to: I nearly broke into hives nominating solitary blogs for the Catholic Blog Awards categories. So I am like those people who break a chain letter: courageous, or stick-in-the-muds who can't have a good time. Your choice, folks.
Maddy McEwen, Catholic ex-pat living across the pond and commenter extraordinaire, named me a Blog Friend Forever on her autism blog. Awww. Thanks, Maddy. But see the comment above. I can't handle the blog friend pressure!
Chased by Children chased me down me with a meme a few weeks ago, asking me to expose my quirks to the world. Gee, I've always wanted to do just that! Let's rename them...charming idiosyncrasies.
The rules for this "6 quirks" meme are:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) List the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged.
Ok, here goes, 6 unimportant things/habits/quirks:
- I save Diet Coke bottle caps like talismans of my addiction, spreading them wherever I go.
- I have a weird laugh. People pick me out in a crowd through my laugh.
- I can play a mountain dulcimer.
- When I write on the board (I'm a professor, remember?), I tap the word I am about to discuss three times. Some subtle trinitarian influence popping out, I think.
- I aspire to shop at the town co-op for entirely local food, when I can afford it. Now that's irony.
- I really despise pork. God knew what He was doing on that dietary law.
Yes, some of the Humor-Blogs.com clan are gunning for The Onion. This is a brand spanking new online humor magazine, and some of the articles are quite good, in my opinion. Definitely PG-13 stuff (you've been warned). If you enjoy the Onion, you want to give this a look.
It's been a bit of a rough month with family illnesses and a few challenges in my immediate surrounding world, but at the moment, everyone in the family is well, and those challenges have come out better than I could have expected. Even if everything had flopped and we were still sick, God is good. But to have a space to breathe and say, Thank you, God, you are so very good! is such a blessing. I love sabbaths.
Plus I get to go to see one of my favorite humorists--Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion--today! He's doing the show three blocks from where I live! So listen in for the woman with the weird laugh in the audience.
On that note, one of my favorite "smile and enjoy our good God" songs...and a really fun Christian adaptation from the Doobie Brothers' song of my youth. Plus, Take 6 is completely awesome. If you are registered (it's free!) on Imeem, go there and listen to the whole song. You cannot listen to this song and not smile. Here's the clip: