Feel free to make this a meme of sorts: what are YOUR ten excuses for not blogging? I tag whoever wants to play.
My ten excuses for not blogging:
- Letting cyberspace go without the melodious prose of my satire lets people discuss much more important things, like Sarah Palin's hairstyle.
- My new motto: Let go. Let God. Let blog.
- I've been scouring the net for beautiful in spirit nun photos for Sister Mary Martha's contest.
- Someone told me this week that St. Ignatius suggested "is doing this something you will be content about as you lie on your deathbed?" I'm still pondering that one...this could take a while....
- I've been writing a peer-reviewed article on how blogging is the new spiritual direction. But it's going slowly because I'm kind of groggy with all these nightmares of desert fathers taking my keyboard and bashing me on the head.
- My computer monitor got baptized in the Spirit and died to itself.
- Now that I'm in middle age, I've begun flossing. It takes a surprising amount of blogging time.
- I get stuck staring at the desktop for hours, wondering if the Google Chrome icon is intentionally a Trinitarian symbol. Or a retro Simon game. Then I wonder if we could create a Catholic Simon game: Father. Father Son. Father Son Holy Spirit. Etc.
- I just can't imagine Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta saying "Make all your blog something beautiful for God."
- I just read St. John of the Cross. I think I'm experiencing the dark night of the blog.