- Waiting for waiting (advent, that is). Poetic, isn't it.
- These previous months of comfortable Minnesota weather don't really speak to the universal human need for mortification. November weather: mission accomplished.
- All those dark Scripture readings leading to the Feast of Christ the King. It makes me feel positively Goth just going to Mass.
- Mystic Monk Coffee tastes better in November.
- If I surreptitiously wear a neck scarf to pray with (as in head covering) at some point during the day, my neck doesn't get nearly as sweaty.
- The new reality of abundant static cling is an awesome metaphor for sin.
- NaPraGoMo, baby.
- The "dark night of the senses" becomes kind of literal, in the upper reaches of the Northern Hemisphere.
- Shorn of the lovely turning leaves, the trees stick straight up in the sky, begging for light. Basically, my prayer life: and right outside my window.
- Speaking of turning a leaf: IC=compost=transformation. Hope so.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Top Ten Ironic Catholic Reasons I Am Glad It's November