- The whole Obama/Notre Dame "who the he%& are we as Church in the USA?" fallout has me down, dooby doo, down down...comma comma
- Did I mention I'm pregnant and feel, well, pregnant? Have YOU tried to be funny while pregnant?
- It's May, and I'm a recovering college professor. 'Nuff said
- I'm trying to figure out how to glide through the economic depression with only a moderate level of debt. That requires taking on some extra projects. I know, nothing amusing there. Sorry.
- I'm going to Lake Superior! Tent camping! While pregnant! With three small kids! ...I've clearly lost my sanity, but I'll partake of some great scenery in the process. Plus I'm camping on the Baptism River...I kid you not. "Ironic," indeed. (photo credit)
- You know, there is a lot of excellent material out there, so isn't it my Christian duty to point you toward it? Right? Part of the whole humility thing?
- Define "original". Is there any original material out there, anymore? Aren't we all just rehashing jokes and amusement from the 3rd century at this point?
- Jesus said, "Pray always." Not "Blog always."
- All those readings from Acts this time of year are making me feel like a total slacker. How can I do original blogging when Paul and Barnabas and Silas and Peter make me look like Catholic Milquetoast?
- OK, there some truth in all of those, but here's the real reason for a while--I'm writing some new "never seen" pieces for The Ironic Catholic Book. And obviously, trying to think up a better title for it.
So, I will continue to post "Truth Is Stranger" posts, some caption contests, and maybe hyper-topical stuff, but I'm going to try to save the fake news/satire pieces for the book. For a short time.
P.s. If you tweet a book, is it a beet?