That is, 10 ways beyond the obvious fact that the 2010 Olympic logo looks like a multi-colored cross.
- It starts with a fire. Fires produce ash!
- Canada has always struck me as a good place to do penance.
- You can sing "Mountain of God" going up the ski lift.
- When you're an athlete, you don't get to eat what you want. You give it up, right? Get it?
- ...All the potential in downhill skiing to craft metaphors reflecting about your slide from the summit with God!
- ...not to mention the edifying mention and fear of "the Fall" in the figure skating competitions.
- "Today is a very appropriate time...." Just do it, now. The race is today.
- History matters. You didn't get to today out of nowhere; it's been a journey. Remember that.
- Kinda slushy up in Vancouver, like your life.
- The agony of defeat...video-captured and examined.
One way in which the Winter Olympics is NOT like Ash Wednesday:
- When you repent and trust in God, you always get the gold.
p.s. be sure to vote in the poll at left: which Olympic sport is most like Lent?