- Throw rugs.
- Email. You can read them, but communications out need to be in person or by interoffice/U.S. Mail.
- Showers. (Stay clean, just take baths instead.)
- Late masses--that is, go to an earlier mass for the six Sundays.
- Haircuts. This includes beard trims. Could include shaving legs.
- The BBC (refers to the news, Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, or all three)
- Lip balm (unless prescribed by a doctor)
- Fire (this includes fireplaces, candles, smoking, eating anything "flambe"). Think of how meaningful the lighting of the Easter Candle will be after this.
- Bed sheets. Sleeping bag is acceptable, if you are cold.
Even more ideas through the years--found here.
UPDATE: What, what, what? We're giving up Pope Benedict for Lent?