1. The Top Ten Books Written By Matthew Levering In 2014 (Look, the man's theological writing is excellent. And, uh, profuse. I think he's gunning for Thomas Aquinas. Don't mind me that I wrote and published a single theological tome in three years. I am happy, I tell you happy, for him. Anyway, pick any ten.)
|Fr. Barron, get cracking on that review!|
3. The Top Ten Catholic Media Post-Mortems For The End Of The Colbert Report (I wrote them out but the tears smudged my writing and I can't bear to go through that again and I just don't want to talk about it, OK?)
4. The Top Ten MSM News Stories That Got Pope Francis' Words Right. (Oops, sorry, there aren't ten. In fact, we're having a hard time finding one. So will you stop reading them already?)
It's on the internet, so this really happened. No it didn't, you schmuck.
5. The Top Ten News Stories That Seemed Like A Big Deal And MAYBE The Coming Of The Apocalypse But So Far Not THAT Bad. (What?! You want me up all night doing this post? Could you just insert any news story? Especially if you heard about it primarily through facebook or Twitter? But... cough cough cough ebola-in-the-usa cough cough cough)
|Accurate Synod News? I've got nuttin'.|
6. The Top Ten Helpful News Articles On The Synod on the Family Meeting. (Once again, we have no quorum for this. There were a couple, but most coverage was the journalistic equivalent of hyperventilating on helium. Go back and read those articles in a Mickey Mouse voice. There, don't you feel better?)
7. The Top (Well, Again, Only) Ten People Left in New York City Not Profiled On Humans of New York. (Next year: Humans of Syracuse. I'm not terribly hopeful.)
8. The Top Ten Catholic World Cup Miracles/Prayers/Liturgical Caxirolas/Jokes. (Again, I'm wondering why I have to do all the work here. I mean the event was in BRAZIL, which is practically more Catholic than Italy. And you know you're looking up caxirolas now.)
9. The Top Ten Catholic Buzzfeed Clickbait! You Won't BELIEVE #6! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
10. The Top Ten Satires Eye of the Tiber Missed. (Nah, I think they've gotten them all. Kudos!)
"And you know you're looking up caxirolas now."
Yes, I am. :D
Post a Comment