I.C., soon after launching this site, was hit by a garbage truck (think the one at left, but bigger) while crossing the street. Also banged up and bruised; there appear to be no lasting injuries. And no, it was not I.C.'s fault; the driver of said truck got a ticket and I.C. got a visit to the local ER.
Also, while 99% of the information on this satire news blog is not true, this particular item is. One can only surmise that there must be a link between the accident, Lent, and this site. Running theories:
- As a Lenten penance, I.C. decided to embrace personal injury rather than backwhips and other ascetic practices.
- Being hit by a truck is a precipatory act of solidarity with the pain this website will cause readers.
- Once you begin to laugh at Catholic culture, all kinds of garbage runs you down.
- Crossing the street is analogous to blogging as building a bridge is to drowning. (Yeah, I wasn't an old SAT whiz either.)
- Life is like crossing a street...you never knew when a mack truck will bang you in the side.
- You know that phrase "I feel like I've been hit by a mack truck?" Well, you don't. I do. It hurts. Offering up the pain for Lent. Nuff said.
- Trucks are evil. Not a sophisticated insight but rather appealing at the moment.
- God doesn't want me to do this blog. Sent a truck to "nudge" me in that direction.
- Satan doesn't want me to do this blog. Sent a truck to "nudge" me in that direction.
- The Garbage company doesn't want me to do this blog. Nah, now we're getting farfetched.
In all seriousness, I am very grateful to God that I am not badly hurt. The laughter begins...ouch...in a few minutes!
You beat me by two days, old lady blogger.
How come you're celebrating early? You're stealing all my glory!
I suspect you and I will be the only ones who ever read this comment.
I'm celebrating early because it's a busy week--not sure I'd get it in anyway. Happy blogoversary to you too!
Ray, I read it too!
IC, Congrats again!
Post a Comment